Tuesday 16 August 2016

Round Two Completed

Making progress.  Here is round two.





On another note, I like to see what Lucy of Attic24 is up to.  She and her team are busy organising Yarndale, a yarn festival which is in its fourth year and which happens in September.  The year before last I joined in with everyone making mandalas for the festival.  This year, they are making sheep!  The sheep will be sold and proceeds donated to a local hospice.  What a great idea - I had to join in and here is my sheep.  He's not perfect by any means and I found the face features particularly difficult but I hope he's nice enough.  I'm pleased with the little embroidered roses on his coat and I hope someone will fancy him!  



He will be in tomorrow's post to join the flock.  In fact, I was talking to my husband about this project and he even suggested we might go see the Festival ourselves.  It's in Yorkshire, in the lovely town of Skipton.  Ooh, that would be fun.  I'll report back if we do end up going!


Best wishes,
Frivole

18 comments:

  1. The sheep is darling....

    Love the doily - lovely negative space! I'm crazy about that book too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice doily and the sheep is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice doily and the sheep is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Round two is looking good. I hope you can join your sheep at the festival, I'd love to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doily is stunning!!! :)
    Cute sheep!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Runde zwei ist sehr schön. Das Schaf findet bestimmt einen Liebhaber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pattern and looking lovely
    Lovely sheep I hope you and he go up north to the yarn festival

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wee sheep is adorable!

    Nice daily too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The doily is looking terrific. Adorable sheep, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! I hope you go! I would love to read about the experience! Round 2 looks wonderful. I'm almost tempted to give this doily another try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tatting looks so neat!! And who wouldn't love your sheep? Hi coat is adorable 😆

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky Clover is one of my favorites, too. Yours is looking wonderful. The sheep is so cute - I hope you can join 'him' at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. The doily looks complete here, but the outer round will be 'icing on the cake'! Perfect tatting, as usual.

      I'll be checking Lucy's blog often! How I would love to visit those marvelous English towns and countrysides and 'wool festivals'. I 'visited' the town on Street View, and it's beautiful. Love the real sheep and the knitted/crocheted ones! Such a fun project! Yours is so adorable in his blue blanket with the roses.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kathy. Unfortunately it now looks like I will have a clash of dates for the Festival and am unlikely to make it there this year.... but my sheep will! :-)
      Yes, Skipton is supposed to be a very attractive town. Maybe next year?...

      Delete
  14. All your works looks so wonderful!! You are doing a great job on this!! I would love to know, which shuttles you are using!! Could you help me, please?? They seem to be a little larger than the Aerlit ones...
    Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christian, thank you for your comment. The shuttles I use are about the same size as an Aerlit; they are modified and decorated Aeros.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!