Wednesday 29 May 2013

A Handkerchief for Ann

Ever since I made this edging, I had wanted to make it in different colours (not as Christmas Trees).   Then one day, a while ago, Carolyn wrote to me to say she'd used the edging for a hanky with a leaf design and it looked so pretty!  You can see her hanky here on her blog and here on Craftsy - such a nice match between the shape of the edging and the leaves on the hanky and the colours - perfect, isn't it?

So when I was looking for an edging to make a handkerchief for a family member's special birthday, I thought I'd give it a try.  Here it is in pink:



I think white would have looked really good too...
but now I've got this far, I think I'll keep going with the pink, yes?


Best wishes,
Frivole

9 comments:

  1. That edging is really gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue or green would have looked good too! - quite amazing what changing the colour does, isn't it!
    White - it would also make a beautiful wedding hanky, I have another one to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm not a pink girl, I do think you've chosen the perfect color for this hanky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep going. One of my dearest treasures is a hanky with a tatted edging (probably in size 100 or smaller) that I received as an anonymous 8th grade graduation gift in the mail. They are such perfect treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! That edging is still on my to-do list. I was thinking of making Christmas table mats with it, but seeing it in a different colour suggests other possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with Fox, pink is perfect for this hanky.

    You glasses have fun design:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty in the pink. Lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!