Thursday 20 December 2012

Rainbows & Biscuits

I hope everyone is happy, relaxed, and doing well with their Christmas preparations (I'm saying that because, as usual, I'm not ready!!).

There has been little time for tatting lately apart from more Flocon d'Or to go in my cards but I recently received a skein a Rainbow-licious from Jess and I just had to try it out.  So bright and cheerful!

Here is just a little motif to show off the colours.




I was actually trying to make a pattern specifically for Rainbow-licious and came up with this one which was not exactly what I was looking for but I like it nonetheless.  I think I will work on a corner for it too.


It's definitely too spring-like in those colours!
mmm... but it's just given me another idea...


And lastly, I've been making biscuits (or cookies as many of you will call them) and having fun decorating them and giving them to guests or hosts.  Top ones are chocolate and bottom ones are gingerbread.





Right, I've got to, urgently, go write up some more cards!

He, Ho, just realised today is another cool date:
20.12.2012


Best wishes,

13 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful tatting, and even your biscuits look lacy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just shows my love of lace extends even to my baking!! :-))

      Delete
  2. Jess does have some beautiful colors, and I like the way the thread works up in the edging.

    Ready for Christmas? No way! I have a table full of presents to wrap. We still don't have our big tree up, and I have two scarves and two blankets to finish. I need another week!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! That makes me feel better Diane! Hope you manage to finish everything in time.

      Delete
  3. Even your biscuits are gorgeous! They look like baked lace.
    That edging is beautiful, can't wait to see the corner too. And the little motif, is that your own too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, thank you! Yes the little motif is mine too... it's nothing really, but I was trying to come up with something to showcase the thread. Not there yet.

      Delete
  4. The cookies are gorgeous...and I love your ideas with the thread. I am looking forward to seeing how that progresses. I, myself, have 2 hat and scarf sets, a set of kitchen towels to edge, and 4 snowflakes yet to go...and then the wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your tatting is flawless. Your cookies (the Sesame Street character is called "Cookie Monster"; "Biscuit Monster" simply wouldn't work ;)) are so beautiful, too! You are truly a multi-talented lady!

    I still have two hats to finish, but luckily the recipients aren't particular about celebrating Christmas actually on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything you do is artistic and special! I had hoped the designs were just dusted on with sugar, using a stencil, but of course you drew the designs on with some kind of frosting/piping gizmo! Amazing and perfectly done!

    And you still found time to test that lovely thread and come up with an edging pattern! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rainbow motif and the cookies are absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous little pattern with that lovely rainbow thread, I did like the edging. Your biscuits looks yummy
    Have a good day
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the edging - very nice. I think I will do one of these type borders on the hankie... Thanks for the idea.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful motif!!! And fabulous edging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!